- Anger that my son was called a name
- Anger that anyone could be so ignorant as to label someone as a terrorist simply because they spent time in the Middle East
- Fear that my son might be hurt or bullied because of a decision we made to live overseas.
And the truth is that the boy on the bus was also speaking from a spirit of fear (where all bullying comes from, really)…but, we don’t fight fear with more fear.
We fight fear with Faith…
- Faith in a God who is bigger.
- Faith in a God who loves.
- Faith in a God who hurts over our sin, not for his own sake, but for ours.
- Faith in a God who wants nothing more than to pour his grace on us (and on that kid from the bus) so much so that it can’t help but overflow onto others.
- Faith in a God who has a plan that is so much bigger than any of us, and could do it all himself, yet allows us to be a part of it.
- Faith in a God that will use my son, and me, and you in the lives of people who are filled with fear…to show them faith.