Tuesday, August 17, 2010

A Poem

He hovers over the city…invisible
His heart wells with compassion…love…grace…desire
His Spirit begs their understanding…”let Me in”

He hovers over them…barely containing his grace…his soul begging to let it go free.
His Spirit roams…searching hearts for an opening, even a small nick in their armor of deeds.
Oh to lift that armor off of their shoulders; for them to feel the lightness…like air…freedom.
Oh, to be allowed to pour out His grace…to rain it down on them…
To flood the streets, the homes, the Mosques,
With the one thing they are missing.

He begs to His Father, “Forgive them, for they know not what they do.
They are trapped by the evil one…the one who disguises himself as good…the one who disguises himself in culture, tradition, religion.
They know me as a prophet…I want them to know me as the Son of God
They know me as a teacher…I want them to know me as the Truth”

They measure their deeds, they strive to please, they work, they toil, they labor…in vain.
To release them from that strain…that’s why He came.
Again he begs, “Father, forgive them, for they know not what they do.”

He hovers over this world…
His heart wells with compassion…love…grace…desire
His Spirit begs their understanding…”let Me in”

He hovers over me…
His heart wells with compassion…love…grace…desire
His Spirit begs my understanding…”let Me in”
He whispers, “To release you from your strain…that’s why I came.”

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful, Kim, and so appropriate for this time of year in this part of the world. God have mercy.

    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! Beautifully summed up! Kara

    ReplyDelete